These energy balls are the perfect healthy, homemade snack for kids, lunch box snacks, or on the run energy bites for busy moms.
As busy moms, we are always on the lookout for healthy snacks our kids will love. So these energy bites or protein balls are so easy to make and you can pack them full of nutrition.
I love finding interesting flavor combinations for energy balls, but our favorites always contain chocolate. I added F1 Chocolate Shake Mix from Herbalife for added protein and chocolate flavor. You can also roll these balls into either coconut flakes or any chopped nuts of your choice.
It’s the perfect snack or dessert for any time of the day. For the kids as an afternoon snack or post-workout fuel. Keep them in a sealed container and they will last up to 2 weeks if they last that long.
Chocolate Banana Energy Balls
- 1 cup Pitted Dates
- 1 medium Banana
- 2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Walnuts, Pecan or Almond
- pinch of salt
- 2 scoops Protein Powder optional
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flakes or nuts
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or power blender. Blend unil everything is chopped and it starts to form a ball.
- If it is still to dry, add 1 teaspoon of water at a time, until it forms a ball.
- Place the coconut flakes or chopped nuts in a bowl.
- Take the chocolate mixture, 1 heaped teaspoon at a time, roll into a ball with your hands.
- Roll the ball in the coconut flakes or nuts and place aside on a baking sheet or container for storage.
- Continue until the mixture is all used. Place the balls in the fridge to help them set faster.
- They will keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
I hope you like this recipe and please let me know what interesting flavor combinations you came up with.
Add color to your recipe book with these colorful recipe pages, Now in Store