Sugar-Free, Low Carb and Super Easy
I love the Keto Lifestyle, eating healthy nutritious food without the heavy carbs and sugars, but I don`t know about you, I also need some yummy treats.
I tried a couple of recipes I find online, but either they have ingredients that are way too expensive or hard to find. If the craving hits, I want to be able to make it quick and it`s a bonus if all the ingredients are already in my pantry.
I recently discovered Joe Duff`s Instagram account, his recipes not only looks mouthwatering, but they are quick, easy and use only a few ingredients which most Keto dieters will have.
I`m a huge fan of anything chocolate, and these little cookies did not disappoint. They are really easy to make and taste great, they are even toddler approved, my kiddo could not get enough.
The recipe advertise 1 net carb, but that will totally depend on the ingredients you can find in your local shops or country.
I could not find sugar free chocolate chips so went with the regular baking chocolate chips and my sweetener of choice was Sugar Free Natura, available here in South Africa.
So after adding all the ingredients into my Fatsecret Calculator, it came to 84 Cals, 5.9 Fat, 2.16 Prot and 3 Net Carbs. Not to bad for a Sunday afternoon treat.
I will definitely go on a hunt for sugar-free chocolate chips to improve on the carb count, but for now, this is a winner.
Keto Chocolate Cookies
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tbsp (50g) Chocolate Chips
- 1 Large Egg
- 2/3 Cup (74g) Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/3 Cup (60g) Confectioners Swerve or Sweetener of Choice
- 3 1/2 Tbsp (18g) Dark Unsweetened Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Tsp (2g) Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 325 F /165 C.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the butter and half of the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 15-30 seconds, just enough time to slightly melt the butter and chocolate chips. Mix the two together until a chocolate sauce forms.
- In a small dish, whisk the egg until the yolk combines with the whites. Once done, mix the egg with the chocolate sauce.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients, save some of the chocolate chips for decoration.
- Mix until a ball of chocolate cookie dough forms.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to form the balls.
- Add the balls to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and top with leftover chocolate chips.
- Flatten the balls with either a spoon or a spatula and bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- They will be very soft but will firm up as they cool down.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
I will be testing more keto recipes, so watch this space.
Let me know how your cookies turned out.
Till next time, enjoy!